Before a week i installed SharePoint 2010 in Windows 7 Home Premium using this link
After install perfectly i clicked on Central Administration and OMG!!! :O it opens blank page..
So i started rnd on this and found that SharePoint needs some features that windows 7 home premium don’t have like windows authentication and Windows Authentication is must to run SharePoint 2010. I did more research and my intention was i just want to see SharePoint site on windows 7 home premium.
In the end i found that….
1. Open IIS..
2. Expand sites.
3. Select Central Administration site.
4. Open Authentication option under IIS section in Feature View.
5. Now Enable Basic Authentication and Disable Anonymous Authentication.
Then i refresh the page and bingo….. I opened the central admin 🙂
But when i create another web application and face same issue so i repeat this steps for the new created web application and it worked.
So i come to conclusion that whenever we create new web application we have to follow this steps to run site.
After this if you open site and get OBJECT REFRENCE error and in event viewer the event type is CLAIM BASED AUTHENTICATION then just do this..
1. check IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility is checked in the Windows Features window.
2. Open IIS.
3. Click on Modules at the root of your server
4. In the right-hand pane, select Configure Native Modules
5. Click on the Register Module button
6. Enter “WindowsAuthenticationModule” in the Name and browse to %windir%\System32\inetsrv\authsspi.dll
7. Click OK button and restart the IIS.
For more information on how to install SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7 Home Premium Please Check This Video